This document highlights some key information about how I collect, store, use and share your personal data. It also contains important information about your rights and who to contact if you have a complaint.
I am an Ayurvedic Practitioner, Naturopath, Yoga teacher and Yoga teacher trainer. I provide courses in Yoga, Ayurveda and Yoga Teacher Training. YogaWell is the brand name I have created and is used to promote the services I provide. The information I collect is related to these services:
- I collect and store information that relates to the eligibility for the student to undertake a course. This may relate to their qualifications, work experience and life experience related to Yoga. This information is strictly confidential and is safely stored in a passworded computer.
- I collect data addresses, dates of birth and occasionally proof of identification that may be in the form of a passport number or photo. This will depend on the requirements of the training programme.
- I collect personal information related to the health status of a client or student and this data is strictly in accordance with privacy and confidentiality policies as used by the British Wheel of Yoga (BWY www.bwy.org.uk) ) and the Ayurvedic Professionals Association (www.apa.uk.com)
The data I collect is regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union including the United Kingdom.
The personal information I collect and use for correspondence
- The YogaWell Newsletter is used to inform you about upcoming courses, workshops, retreats and clinic services. If you are on the YogaWell Mailchimp Mailing list, you will receive information about the above on a regular basis and always have the option to remove yourself from the list at any time. The Mailing list is made up of your first name and your email address and this is stored in a confidential Mailchimp account.
- If you are an existing student or client, further information relating to your enquiry may be stored in email or letter correspondence. All information is safely stored and confidential.
How your personal information is shared.
I do not share your personal information with any other third parties unless there is a legal requirement to do so.
How long your personal data is kept
I will hold your email address on our mailing lists until you decide to unsubscribe. Once you have unsubscribed, your data will deleted from the Mailchimp account immediately but may be kept on my personal computer unless specifically requested to be removed.
If you are a student on a BWY course, you data as laid out above will be stored for 4 years in a confidential file.
If you are a health client, your personal data will be kept for six years in accordance with NHS policy.
Your consent and your rights
For all services I provide, I rely on your explicit given consent to use and process your personal data for the purposes laid out above.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how I use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require me to correct any mistakes in your information which I hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided me, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to my continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to me at email@example.com
- let me have enough information to identify you (e.g. your name and email address),
- let me know the information to which your request relates
- If you would like to unsubscribe from any email updates you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It will be removed immediately.
Keeping your personal information secure
My website, personal computer and email services have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. For Yoga students, access to this information is limited to other tutors on the same programme and for health clients, all information is strictly confidential.
How to complain
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone: 0303 123 1113.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are bits of information (memory files) stored in your browser by sites you visit. As is common practice with almost all websites, this site uses cookie to improve your experience by remembering your preferences and enable other cookie-based features (e.g. analytics).
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In order to provide you with a better experience and remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page.
How To Disable Cookies?
Most browsers let you refuse to accept cookies. See your browser Help or Tool for how to do this. Be aware that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of this and many other websites you visit. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
This privacy notice was created on 18th May 2018.
I may change this privacy notice from time to time in accordance with any changes in policy and also in the nature of the services I provide. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
How to contact me
Please contact me if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information I hold about you.
If you wish to contact me, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to
23 Crown Street